It’s a strange feeling being 29 finally.
I feel so much older; I feel like I should be in my mid-30’s.
Maybe it’s becuase I needed to grow up at such a young age?
Maybe it’s because I got married and had so many kids so young?
What counsel would I give to someone entering their 20’s?
– Know and walk with Jesus!
– If you can, get married to a man who loves the Lord more than you do, and get married young
– Have kids right away
– Participate in as much as you can, enjoy every moment and every season.
– Milk every trial for whatever lessons you can learn
– Listen to counsel and wisdom from those older than you – YEARN for their counsel
– KNOW you know very little since you’ve experienced very little
– Be open, honest, and transparent
– Be bold, set habits of courage and fearlessness, especially when it comes to talking about the Lord
– Set habits of discipline in areas of your life, adding to them year after year
– Choose friends that challenge you, speak truth, and drive you to want to be better
– When things are bad, choose thankfulness
– Realize that most things are a choice – love, thankfulness, joy, anger, trust ect.
– If you find a church that teaches and lives out God’s Word, hold onto it like you would a marraige
I am hoping to finish off this las year in my 20’s by knowing God more.
I am hoping to become an even better wife to my husband. To lay down my life even more for him. To follow him without making his job more difficult by knowing that he may need to fight the world, but he won’t need to fight me – I’ll fight on his behalf.
I am striving to be an example to my 4 daughters and 2 sons on what a Godly woman looks like. To have that gentle, quiet, humble and beautiful spirit of a woman so content and so in love with her Savior that she is unlike anything this world could produce.
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.