* The goal in parenting is DISCIPLESHIP. Raising our children to become mature adults, able to walk with the Lord themselves and being productive members of society.
* Never lower the bar! Your kids should meet your personal standards for yourself and eventually exceed you
* Habits are more quickly TAUGHT and not CAUGHT. Are you implementing the following areas of maturity in your own life? What can you imporve in?
#1 SPIRITUAL MATURITY
– Devotional Life
– Prayer Life
– Church Involvement
#2 PERSONAL MATURITY
– Physical Care (Eating Healthy & Exercising)
#3 RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
– Pray For Others
– Pray for Church Body & Pastor
– See A Need and Meet the Need Without Being Asked
– Can the House Effectively Run Without You?
– Preparing for Parenthood
– Everyone Can Do SOMETHING to Help
#4 WORK ETHIC
– Attitude Toward Work
– Perspective About Work
– Not Procrastinate
– Work First, Play/Rest/Eat Later
#5 FINANCIAL MATURITY
– Working at a Young Age Learning Skills and a Trade, Earning Money
– Correct Perspective on Money
– If You Are Capable of Working, You Should Work!
– Budgeting (Tithing, Savings, Education
– Spending Money Wisely
– Meeting Other’s Needs
*Your Home Is The Place They Get to Practice These Things and Get a Good Handle On Them